The budget is adopted annually by the council, at a special council meeting held in December.
Payment of municipal taxes
Municipal taxes are payable in four (4) instalments on the following due dates:
1st payment: February 27, 2023
2nd payment: April 28, 202
3rd payment: June 27, 2023
4th payment: August 28, 2023
Terms of Payment
Most financial institutions offer the possibility of paying your municipal taxes by electronic payment. Please check with your financial institution. To make your payments via your financial institution’s website, you must choose the “Canton de Hatley” provider.
To make the electronic payment, you must use your CUSTOMER number, a 4-digit code found on your tax account and on the payment coupons.
If your bank manages your municipal tax payments, it’s your responsibility to provide them with a copy of your tax bill.
- Send your checks made payable to “Canton de Hatley”
- Write your customer number on the check (4 digit number)
- Enclose the payment coupons (Please do not staple the coupon with the check)
In person at the Town Hall
Methods of payment accepted:
- Debit card (Interac)
- Checks or post-dated checks
- Checks can also be deposited at any time in the secure box located to the left of the main entrance to City Hall
Credit card payments are not accepted.