Access to your property & permit

Driveway/access permit request form

By-law concerning access to the road (driveway entrance)

By-law concerning access to the road (sketch)

A property owner must obtain, from the public works director, a permit to build an access from the road to his property.  The minimum width for an access is 6 meters at the surface and the minimum diameter for a culvert is 45 centimeters (18’’).

The municipality may suggest a wider diameter.  In some cases, a resident may be required to get the approval of an engineer.  An access may be refused if  the location is dangerous because of poor visibility.

For an access permit :
Éric Gravel
Building and environment inspector
819 842-2977